1. I have received a cheque from Yahoo Search Marketing, what is this for?
As the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Transition has completed, Yahoo has refunded the account balance that remained in your Yahoo! Search Marketing account.
2. When will my Yahoo account balance be refunded?
If you have a remaining balance on your Yahoo Search Marketing account, you will receive your refund by the following methods:
- A credit card refund. In early December (6 weeks after traffic ramp) you will receive an automatic refund to the default credit card on your account. This refund should reflect immediately on your credit card statement.
- A cheque refund. If the refund failed or could otherwise not be processed we will refund you by cheque. Cheques will be delivered to the Billing address and for the attention of the Primary Billing Contact on the Yahoo Search Marketing account.
Cheques will be issued following the 10th December.
3. Who will the cheque be issued to? (Beneficiary)
Cheques will be issued in the name of the Yahoo Search Marketing customer name.
4. Where will the cheque be delivered to?
Cheques will be delivered to the Billing address of the Yahoo Search Marketing account, for the attention of the Primary Billing Contact of the account.
5. How is the amount calculated for the refund cheque?
The amount you will receive as a refund is the remaining Yahoo Search Marketing account balance as of the 26th October The refund amount has been reduced by any remaining promotional credit that the account received, as promotional credits are non-refundable. Also for prepaid accounts the refund will include VAT where Yahoo has charged VAT at the time of payment. See examples.
6. What is the currency of my closing balance refund?
Yahoo! Search Marketing refunds will be in EUR;
7. What if a cheque has been issued to an incorrect payee name or address?
Contact the Yahoo Customer Support team by completing the FORM.
In order to create a new cheque to replace an existing cheque refund the following details will be required to process this new request:
- Current cheque number
- Current cheque amount
- The name and address that the new refund cheque should be made payable to
8. I still haven’t received my refund amount even though I was informed it had been dispatched, who do I contact?
Please fill out the form above with the required information.
9. My cheque was for an amount that is different from what I thought it should have been. Why is there a discrepancy?
The refund cheque is for the closing balance in your Yahoo Search Marketing account after the transition to the Bing Ads platform was completed on 26th October. Your account balance has been reduced by any remaining promotional credit that your account received, as promotional credits are non-refundable. Also for prepaid accounts the refund will include VAT where Yahoo has charged VAT at the time of payment.
10. Is there a specific time by which the cheque should be redeemed?
Cheques should be redeemed within 6 months. If the refund cheque is not redeemed within six months the cheque will expire.
11. I opted to get my balance transferred to my Bing Ads account, why am I getting a refund?
The Balance Transfer was scheduled to be processed in the second week of December (6 weeks after traffic ramp). Due to the holiday season fast approaching and the specific requirements to qualify for a Balance Transfer, Yahoo! and Microsoft jointly decided to remove this option. Yahoo! will now refund your remaining account balance to the credit card on file in early December. If there is no active/valid credit card on the account we will send out a cheque of the remaining balance to the Billing Contact with Yahoo! Search Marketing.